Sectors: Climate Change, Public Health, Green Building
Develop an action plan for public health engagement with environmental sustainability and climate change initiatives in Northeast Ohio.
- Perform a regional scan to identify the most significant climate-related environmental public health hazards in Northeast Ohio.
- Build capacity and interagency cooperation around the links between environmental sustainability, climate change, and health.
- Build consensus among stakeholders around the primary role of public health in regional environmental sustainability and climate change initiatives.
- Develop a prioritized action plan for expanding the public health role in these areas.
- Project development and overall management.
- Workshop facilitation.
- Strategic consulting and communications support to local public health agencies entering the environmental sustainability and climate change sectors.
- Performed environmental scan of regional climate-related environmental public health hazards.
- Facilitated development and prioritization of scenarios illustrating potential roles for public health in environmental sustainability and climate change initiatives.
- Facilitated coordination among various stakeholder interests.
- Graphic design.
- Grant writing.
- Gap analysis, needs assessment, and action plan.
- Policy recommendations and talking points identifying priority areas for public health engagement with environmental sustainability and climate change initiatives in Northeast Ohio.
- White paper summarizing the outcome of the interagency public health, environmental sustainability, and climate change workshop.
- Developed and delivered the interagency workshop that formed the core of the project.
Summit County, Ohio Health District; Cuyahoga County, OH Board of Health